Cold War Shield Volume Two
Volume two covers the RAF's Vampire, Venom & Sabre squadrons.
The second volume published in August 2013 with a foreword by Air Vice-Marshal Leslie Phipps CB AFC.
"Moving on from earlier 'Spitfires to Meteors' (Volume 1) the author now continues the full coverage of that transitional period. At home and in Europe the role was essentially deterrence. Overseas throughout the decade the Royal Air Force played an increasing part in disengagement from Empire, and in providing support for other countries - under Treaty obligations or where national interests were perceived to be a factor for direct action. All this comes to life in Roger Lindsay's book. As someone flying in fighter operations at home and overseas throughout the Cold War I cannot help but be one of those finding 'Cold War Shield endlessly fascinating, a time of unbounded enthusiasm when for example most of the day fighter squadrons (and even a NAW squadron) sought to form an aerobatics team. But although I suppose a fighter pilot would reflect that way, there is something here for everyone - the engineer, the aviation enthusiast, the historian, and many others"
- LIMITED EDITION
- 368 pages with nearly 600 photographs, many published for the first time, including 80 in colour;
- Numerous personal recollections by former air and ground crew;
- Concise histories of every squadron operating these types, complete with individual histories of their aircraft;
- Camouflage and markings data, complimented by more than 60 colour side view profiles and paintings, over 50 squadron markings and 80 badges;
- Order of Battle and maps covering all theatres of operations;
- Support and training types used by the featured fighter squadrons; and
- Opposing Soviet and Warsaw Pact aircraft types.
Payment for volume two can be made by clicking on the PayPal button below.
Please ensure you select the correct location for the mailing address.
Volume 2 limited edition can be ordered now from only £60 inclusive for delivery to a UK address. Oerseas delivery costs vary depending upon your location.
Please indicate if you wish the book to be personally signed by the Author
As an alternative to PayPal you can send a cheque made out to Roger Lindsay at 7 North Meadow, Hutton Rudby, North Yorkshire, TS15 0LD.
Sample pages from volume two
Click on the images of the sample pages below to view or download as a pdf file.